Budget Planning Process - Stimulus Needs
Title I Stimulus Budget Process
IDEA B Stimulus Budget Process
1. Each Campus receives their allotment of funds and the budget is entered into Lawson as per the allocation in the approved grant application.
2. When campuses/departments do further assessments of their needs and realize their needs are different, they can create and submit an “Activity Budget Amendment Request Form”.
3. The completed form will be sent to the principal or department supervisor and the Grant Administrator.
4. The Grant Administrator will review that the amendment is following the intent and purpose of the program as is described in the grant application.
5. Once those approvals are granted the budget amendment is sent to the budget office.
6. The budget office gives each accountant their budget amendments to review:
a. The budget amendment is within the budget variances of the application.
i. If yes, finish processing.
ii. If no, send budget amendment back advising them that a budget amendment must be done with grantor. Also an email is sent to the supervisor and grant administrator.
b. Review that the budget they want to move is set up in Lawson.
c. To ensure that general ledger and activity codes are set up in Lawson.
7. Once Accountants have reviewed the budget amendment they are to sign off on the form and give back to the budget office.
8. The budget amendment is then keyed into Lawson by the budget office.
Send mail to
mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about
this web site.