Pasadena ISD's Veterans' Stadium
opened in 1965 and can hold more than 16,000 fans. Originally named
Pasadena Memorial Stadium, the district's Board of Trustees voted to
change the name of the stadium in 2006 to honor those armed forces
personnel who have sacrificed for our country. In 2004, the football
field at the stadium was dedicated in honor of retired coach and
athletic director Bill Newcomb, who served Pasadena ISD for more than 40
years and was head football coach at South Houston High School from
1981-1987. He was also a standout player at Pasadena High School from
1953-56. The stadium hosts all of the varsity home football games for
the district's five high schools and is also host to many Class 3A, 4A
and 5A playoff games. The varsity high school soccer teams also play at
Newcomb Field in the winter.
Weldon "Stoney" Phillips Gymnasium
Field House is located adjacent to Pasadena Veterans Stadium. The
facility features one of the very best floor surfaces available for high
school basketball. Parking space is plentiful and basketball fans will
find it very accessible from all areas of town.
Named after the former Pasadena Independent School District Athletic
Director, Weldon "Stoney" Phillips, the facility is the perfect venue
for Championship Day for the Texas Invitational Basketball Tournament.