Bobby Shaw Middle School
2008-2009 Dress Code
Students are expected to comply with the Pasadena ISD's district-wide
dress code policy. Guidelines for student dress can also be found in the
district's Student Code of Conduct.
The guidelines also include the following:
Shirts shall be either a collared "polo style" or collared "oxford style" shirt free of designs, appropriately sized with sleeves. Shirts shall be either solid blue, solid white or black. Turtlenecks and T-shirts may be worn underneath the standardized shirt and shall be either solid blue, solid white, or black, free of designs and appropriately sized. Shirts must remain tucked in at all times. Shirts may have an appropriate manufacturer logo not to exceed two inches.
Pants shall be either solid navy or solid khaki colored slacks, solid khaki or solid blue jeans free of design and hemmed.
Pants/Jeans must meet the following criteria:
· All pants/jeans must be appropriately sized, fitted and worn at the waist. No hip huggers are allowed.
· All pants/jeans must be fitted in the crotch and legs, not baggy or excessively tight. Pants/jeans with hammer loops or of a cargo style are not permitted. Pockets on pants/jeans are acceptable at the waistline only.
· All pants/jeans must be of proper length and must not touch the floor.
· All pants/jeans must be free of slits.
· All pants/jeans must be one continuous solid color free of manufactured fading or bleaching.
· Pants must be one continuous solid color khaki or navy. Jeans must be one continuous solid color blue or khaki.
· Pants/jeans must be free of holes or tears.
No shorts/skorts, capri pants, skirts, or jumpers will be allowed.
Belts are required for garments made with belt loops in grades 5 and 6. Belts should be securely fastened at all times.
Spirit/D.A.R.E. Shirts (for 5th graders) may be worn on days designated by the campus principal. Girl Scout and Boy Scout uniforms are appropriate at any time.
Shoes – Students must wear shoes with backs that are appropriate for school. (Students participating in physical education activities must have appropriate shoes.) Skate shoes are not permitted. Shoes must be securely fastened at all times with shoe straps velcroed and/or shoelaces tied.
Sweaters/Sweat Shirts/Light Jackets may be worn over the "polo style" or "oxford style" standardized dress shirt. The collar of the standardized shirt must be visible at all times. Sweaters/sweat shirts/light jackets shall be solid blue, solid white or black , free of designs and appropriately sized.
Coats may be worn to a secondary campus provided they are placed in the student's locker or designated storage area upon arrival and not removed until the conclusion of the school day.
* The principal and assistant principal(s) are authorized to make determinations regarding whether any fashion, fad, hair, jewelry or article of clothing is inappropriate for school wear or disruptive to the educational process or safety of the campus.